The lineup for the Fluid Power Track of the Integrated Industries Conference at IMTS 2016 is set. The speakers will share their expertise regarding energy efficiency in fluid power and its uses in state-of-the-art technology on Wednesday, September 14.
The presenters and topics include:
- Jon Jensen, Energy Conservation Group Manager of SMC Corporation will cover energy conservation — what it is, its benefits, and where it is useful.
- Dennis Mell, Vice President, Manufacturing at Nexmatix LLC will use company case studies to explain how to fix leaks in actuation systems. The presentation will also include a live demonstration of valve monitoring for air leaks.
- Larry Brown, Corporate Sales Manager of Proportion-Air will explain how companies can reduce the amount of compressed air used in their equipment while still maintaining performance.
- Bob Pettit, CTO, North America of HAWE Hydraulik will cover hydraulic clamping units in machining centers, highlighting energy efficiency, costs, and calculations.
- Peter Nachtwey, President of Delta Computer Systems will discuss optimization of sensor, actuator, and control technology.
- Steve Zumbusch, Director-Technology Development of Eaton Corporation will give insight into machine design and maintenance options for minimized energy costs.
Attendees will also be able to see fluid power technologies in action in the IFPE Fluid Power Zone within the Motion, Drive and Automation North America trade show, September 12-17.
For more information on the Fluid Power Track at IMTS 2016, or to register visit: https://industrialtechnology.events/fluidpower/.
Meet the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge Teams – Part 3
Article By: Mary Pluta Programs like the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation, Pascal Society, and Tom Wanke Legacy Fund donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. Twenty-three teams from universities around the country are getting ready to participate in…
Groundbreaking Attendance Records at IFPE and CONEXPO-CON/Agg 2023
As the largest trade show in North America, it is no surprise that IFPE & CONEXPO-CON/Agg continued to grow in exhibitors and attendees. This year’s show reached a new high, attracting over 139,000 attendees from around the world. IFPE 2023 showcased the fluid power industry and featured many new innovative and cutting-edge fluid power technologies as…
Catching Up With NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winners; 2022 Winner Seeking Fluid Power Internship
By: Haley Nemeth The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded six scholarships to students through the Robotics Challenge Scholarship. The scholarship awards $30,000 ($7,500 per year for four years) to high school seniors who participate in a VEX, FIRST®, or NRL Robotics Competition Team and uses pneumatics in the competition robot. The goal of…