Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual December NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference drew an audience that well exceeded last year’s attendance. The event featured five industry speakers who used their first-hand expertise to discuss a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) business world and address solutions to unexpected problems. The event was hosted via a new virtual platform, Remo, which 95% of attendees described as an effective content delivery tool.
The virtual program included the following presentations:
- Manufacturing Panel Discussion – Moderated by Buckley Brinkman (Executive Director & CEO; Wisconsin Center for Manufacturing and Productivity) | Panelists: Mike Coast (President; Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center), Ethan Karp (President and CEO; Ohio Manufacturing Partnership), Buckley Brinkman
- Motion Control Sales and Distribution Channels in an Electrified VUCA World | Mike Terzo P.E. (CEO & CTO; Terzo Power Systems, LLC)
- Adapting our Business in a COVID World Through Speed, Empowerment and Communication | Mike Ternes (Vice President – OEM Business Unit Americas Region; Mann+Hummel)
Presentations and video recordings from the virtual event are now available for download.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference will continue during the following dates:
- March 4, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
- June 3, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
- September 2, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
- December 2, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password is needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: https://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
This holiday season, we are thankful for each of our members. All your staff at NFPA want to thank you for all of the efforts that you have put in to help grow the fluid power industry. We couldn’t fulfill our mission without your dedication and support. Enjoy this time off with your loved ones,…
Doug is the Application Engineering Supervisor for HAWE North America, a manufacturer of hydraulic power units, pumps, valves and cylinders. HAWE will be showcasing their water resistant hydraulics that help deliver power to speed boats at IFPE – the International Fluid Power Exposition — and we invited Doug into our forum to learn more about…