Presented through a combined effort of NFPA and the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC) of the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the virtual December NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference drew an audience that well exceeded last year’s attendance. The event featured five industry speakers who used their first-hand expertise to discuss a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) business world and address solutions to unexpected problems. The event was hosted via a new virtual platform, Remo, which 95% of attendees described as an effective content delivery tool.
The virtual program included the following presentations:
- Manufacturing Panel Discussion – Moderated by Buckley Brinkman (Executive Director & CEO; Wisconsin Center for Manufacturing and Productivity) | Panelists: Mike Coast (President; Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center), Ethan Karp (President and CEO; Ohio Manufacturing Partnership), Buckley Brinkman
- Motion Control Sales and Distribution Channels in an Electrified VUCA World | Mike Terzo P.E. (CEO & CTO; Terzo Power Systems, LLC)
- Adapting our Business in a COVID World Through Speed, Empowerment and Communication | Mike Ternes (Vice President – OEM Business Unit Americas Region; Mann+Hummel)
Presentations and video recordings from the virtual event are now available for download.
Be sure to mark your calendar – the NFPA/FPIC Regional Conference will continue during the following dates:
- March 4, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
- June 3, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
- September 2, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
- December 2, 2021 – Location and Topic TBD
Note: An NFPA “Members Only” username and password is needed to view the event recordings. Members who do not have a username and password can request one at the following web page: https://web.nfpa.com/account/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=
Deadline to Respond is August 18, 2022 Electrification is a buzzword throughout most industries now and is a common topic being discussed at conferences, events, and board rooms. While many businesses and industries have already embraced electrification, others are still working to understand the impacts, opportunities, and decision points to make. To add further confusion,…
The National Fluid Power Association is saddened to share the news that Tom Wanke, CFPE, director of the Fluid Power Industrial Consortium and Industry Relations at Milwaukee School of Engineering, passed away June 21, 2022. “Tom’s impact on the fluid power industry will be felt for generations,” said Eric Lanke, president and CEO of the…
Programs like the Fluid Power Scholarships are made possible in part by the generous support of industry volunteers as well as NFPA Education and Technology Foundation and Pascal Society donors. Support these efforts by making a donation. The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation has awarded nineteen $2,000 scholarships to students pursuing fluid power technology fields of study. Here’s one of the winners, Brendan McCluskey.…