According to speakers at the 2016 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference, a declining 2016 will be met by a not-so-positive 2017. While the message wasn’t exactly what attendees were hoping to hear, the crowd of 301 attendees still left with plenty of confidence and knowledge from the strong content, impressive speakers, and ample networking opportunities. The market forecasts and economic information delivered have proven critical in the development of strategic planning for those in attendance.
This year’s attendees were also exposed to the first paperless IEOC! Through the successful use of an event app and online presentation download webpage, not one mention was made of the ever-popular IEOC binder.
Conference presentations and highlights included:
- Global Economics from ITR Economics – Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- Global Economics from Oxford Economics – Mark Killion, Oxford Economics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Jim Meil, ACT Research
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – David Phillips, Off-Highway Research
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Ann Duignan, J.P. Morgan
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Eric Starks, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Oil & Gas and Commodities Outlook – Alex Chausovsky, ITR Economics
- Customer Technology Trends – Preston Reine, IHS Technology
- Fluid Power Technology Overview – Lih Fang Chew, Minnesota Rubber & Plastic
- Political Analysis – Charlie Cook, Cook Political Report
- IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament at Chevy Chase Golf Course
- IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club
- Power of Association Reception and Dinner
IEOC Speakers Forum
Overall, attendee feedback and engagement continue to illustrate that NFPA’s Industry & Economic Outlook Conference is a can’t miss event that delivers critical information to everyone in the fluid power supply chain. Thank you to everyone who joined us at the IEOC.
NFPA’s latest Economic Update Webinar recording is now available to all members for free. See the latest insights from Patrick Luce of ITR Economics on global issues, the US economy, interest rates, inflation, and more. Patrick also speaks to the latest fluid power forecasts from 4th quarter ITR forecast report. View the webinar, download slides,…
Iowa State University faculty, Dr. Brian Steward was team leader in designing and creating the Off-Highway Vehicle Chassis Dynamometer Laboratory (Dyno Lab). Located in the heart of the Midwest, it is an excellent tool for manufacturers and students within the area. This Dyno lab will be one of few facilities used to test large farm…
Carrie Berger Administrative Manager, National Fluid Power Association As the Administrative Manager here at NFPA, I wear a lot of different hats around the association. I have been here almost three years and have grown in my position over that time. I coordinate staff events as well as help plan and prepare for many of…