According to speakers at the 2016 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference, a declining 2016 will be met by a not-so-positive 2017. While the message wasn’t exactly what attendees were hoping to hear, the crowd of 301 attendees still left with plenty of confidence and knowledge from the strong content, impressive speakers, and ample networking opportunities. The market forecasts and economic information delivered have proven critical in the development of strategic planning for those in attendance.
This year’s attendees were also exposed to the first paperless IEOC! Through the successful use of an event app and online presentation download webpage, not one mention was made of the ever-popular IEOC binder.
Conference presentations and highlights included:
- Global Economics from ITR Economics – Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- Global Economics from Oxford Economics – Mark Killion, Oxford Economics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Jim Meil, ACT Research
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – David Phillips, Off-Highway Research
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Ann Duignan, J.P. Morgan
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Eric Starks, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Oil & Gas and Commodities Outlook – Alex Chausovsky, ITR Economics
- Customer Technology Trends – Preston Reine, IHS Technology
- Fluid Power Technology Overview – Lih Fang Chew, Minnesota Rubber & Plastic
- Political Analysis – Charlie Cook, Cook Political Report
- IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament at Chevy Chase Golf Course
- IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club
- Power of Association Reception and Dinner
IEOC Speakers Forum
Overall, attendee feedback and engagement continue to illustrate that NFPA’s Industry & Economic Outlook Conference is a can’t miss event that delivers critical information to everyone in the fluid power supply chain. Thank you to everyone who joined us at the IEOC.
Upcoming Deadlines for the 2023 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference
2023 Industry & Economic Outlook ConferenceAugust 15-16, 2023The Westin Chicago NorthwestRegistration Now Open NFPA’s 2023 Industry Economic Outlook Conference will feature valuable networking, thought-provoking educational sessions, the NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser and much more. With so many exclusive and unique offerings, spots at the conference and hotel are filling up quickly. Here are all the…
NFPA Members Inspire the Emerging Workforce to Pursue Fluid Power
Byline: James Foster, Workforce Program Manager The end of spring indicates the NFPA’s Fluid Power Action Challenge season is winding down for the academic year. This season has been positively marked by a strong resurgence in event attendance and grant awards. Over $24,000 in grants were awarded to 52 schools who helped more than 3,100 students across…
Registration Now Open for NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser at the 2023 IEOC
NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser at the 2023 IEOCAugust 14, 2023The Preserve at Oak Meadows Register for Golf NFPA’s Industry and Economic Outlook Conference is best known for its premier networking, enriching educational content and, of course, the NFPA Foundation Golf Fundraiser. After 2 years of major construction and renovation, The Preserve at Oak Meadows welcomed golfers back for a first…